There are some goods you are not allowed to carry out of Taiwan. These include:
- Heroin, morphine, opium, cocaine, coca leaves, poppy, poppy seeds, amphetamine, marijuana, marijuana seeds, marijuana derivatives containing over 10 ppm of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), derived products of the said materials, etc. are prohibited.
- Only those who hold the prescription are allowed to carry controlled drugs for medical use.
2. Firearms , Ammunition , and Knives
- Firearms refer to shotguns, airguns, speargun, harpoon guns, gas gun, etc.
- Ammunition refer to bullets, explosives, etc.
- Knives refer to sharpened samurai swords, brass knuckles, etc.
- Passengers exporting the said goods shall have prior approval from the Principal Police Department.
3. Goods Infringing Upon the Rights of Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
4. Antiquities pursuant to the Cultural Heritage Preservation Act
5. Fake or Spurious Currencies/Securities, or Moulds for Printing Counterfeit Currency
6. Live Wildlife or Protected Wildlife Products
7. Articles Prohibited by Law from Exportation
Money Laundering Controlled Items
Each departing passenger (resident/foreigner) carrying the following goods is obligated to declare to Customs:
|1||New Taiwan Dollars||NTD 100,000||
|2||Chinese Yuan (Renminbi)||CNY 20,000|
|3||Foreign Currencies (incl. HKD, MOP)||USD 10,000 (or its equivalent) in aggregate||There is no limitation on the amount carried after the completion of declaration.|
|4||Negotiable Securities* in bearer form||USD 10,000 (or its equivalent) in aggregate|
|5||Gold||USD 20,000 in aggregate||
Diamonds, Precious stones and/or Platinum (not for personal use)
|TWD 500,000 (or its equivalent) in aggregate||
*The term "securities" is defined as traveler's checks, other types of checks, promissory notes, bills of exchange, or other forms of securities.
- Failure to declare or a false declaration may lead to confiscation of the items or a fine equivalent to the value of the items.
- The limits on each item is applied independently. For example, a passenger could carry NTD 100,000 and CNY 20,000 without a declaration.
- About a Family Group: The above mentioned limits applied on any individual departing Taiwan with a valid passport. For example, a mother and her baby could carry up to NTD 200,000 and USD 20,000 in total without submitting a customs declaration. Please make a joint declaration to Customs if the aggregate amount carried exceeding the overall limit. Only by the presence of the whole family during customs inspection will the customs approve the aggregate of allowances.
- Documents required(could be filled on site): Report of inwardoutward Passengers or Crew members carrying money laundering controlled Items
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.
General Affairs Section, Inspection Division