If one exports pets involving quarantine issues or in need of a certificate or approval for customs clearance, please make the formal export clearance to Customs.
- For more information about Formal Export Clearance:
Provisions Imposed on Pets Carried Out of Taiwan
I. Quarantine Regulations:
- A quarantine certificate issued by the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine(BAPHIQ) is required for the following situations:
- Exporting pets listed on the Consolidated List of Commodities Subject to Export Restriction and Commodities Assisted by Customs for Export Examination.
- Exporting pets to the country which has quarantine requirements.
- For more infomation, please contact Hsinchu branch of BAPHIQ (+886-3-3982431) (► for dogs/cats ; ► for other live animals)
II. Regulations of Protecting Endangered Species:
For exportation of Endangered Species, a permit or certificate issued by the Competent Authority is required.
|Species to be Exported||Competent Authority|
|Bureau of Foreign Trade|
(b) Species regulated by the Wildlife Conservation Act*
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.
Content Maintainers: General Affairs Section, Inspection Division
How can I carry pets into or out of Taiwan?
Can I carry animals/plants or the related products into Taiwan?
Can the protected wildlife be brought in or taken out of the country by passengers?