How to Declare?
Departing passengers having goods to declare, or VAT-refund purchases that are required to be examined should proceed to the Customs Service Desk and make a declaration prior to check-in process.
- Note: Since boarding pass is needed in certain cases, please make sure there is enough time for the clearance procedure.
What Should be Declared?
Once the undeclared prohibited/controlled/restricted goods are detected by the Aviation Police Bureau (APB), such goods shall be confiscated or be withdrawn from the baggage by the customs pursuant to relevant regulations.
Aviation Security Inspection
Passengers and their baggage that haven't been screened by the Aviation Police Bureau (APB) shall not board nor be loaded onto an aircraft.
- Dangerous goods (e.g. lithium battery, lighters, or reactive chemicals) or other suspicious articles hazardous to flight safety might not be carried by carry-on or checked luggage onto the aircraft.
- For other information about aviation security inspection, please refer to the website of APB or CAA, or call the APB office at International Taoyuan Airport (APE) at:
- Terminal 1, TPE: +886-3-3982433
- Terminal 2, TPE: +886-3-3833042
Contact the Customs Service Desk
Terminal 1 of Taoyuan International Airport:+886-3-3982308
Terminal 2 of Taoyuan International Airport:+886-3-3983428
Taipei Songshan Airport：+886-2-25464698
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.
Content Maintainers: General Affairs Section, Inspection Division