Inward passenger shall complete the arrival procedures executed by the following authorities (please click the attached links for more information) :
2. National Immigration Agency (NIA) governs the validation of passport and entry visa.
3. Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ) governs the quarantine inspection of animals, plants and their derived products.
4. Customs conducts luggage inspection against smuggling or tax evasion.
● Notice! An additional checkpoint is set up ahead of NIA in the taoyuan international airport(TPE) to screen hand carry luggage due to the outbreaks of African Swine Fever in Asia.
The dual-channel system (Red and Green Channels) is implemented for speedy clearance of inbound baggage. A passenger shall choose the appropriate channel to complete the customs clearance.
1. The Red (Goods to Declare/Customs Service) Channel
● A passenger who has goods to declare shall proceed to the Red channel and submit a written declaration form to the customs who will inspect the luggage. (Transit passengers who stay at the transit area are excluded)
● If one has doubts regarding customs clearance on arrival, please proceed to the Red channel for information.
2. The Green (Nothing to Declare) Channel
● A passenger who has nothing to declare could bypass declaration and make their way to the Arrival Hall via the Green channel.
● In the other word, a passenger entering the Green Channel shall be deemed to have made a statutory declaration that he has no goods in violation, where any false or fraudulent statement detected at site shall be treated as smuggling.
3. The Luggage Inspection
● Customs may impose inspection on the luggage and the persons concerned at both the Red Channel and the Green Channel. Any undeclared goods, false or fraudulent statement detected at site shall be processed pursuant to the customs anti-smuggling regulations and other related laws.
● Do not carry luggage or baggage for anyone else. Penalty will be imposed on whoever is in possession of violated articles.
● One member of a family group may declare for all under the presence of the family group at scene.
● The one being selected for inspection is liable for the unpacking and the restoration of suitcases.
4.The One-Stop Customs Clearance
● If the declared goods could not be released on site, such goods should be sealed and put in the customs warehouse for temporary storage until the passenger personally or through an authorized representative processes the one-stop clearance or the return of such luggage. Further information, please click the tab "One-Stop Clearance"
● The passenger who carries and imports cargo in behalf of a corporation or a manufacturing establishment, please declare for One-stop clearance.
Terminal 1 of Taoyuan International Airport: +886-3-3982307
Terminal 2 of Taoyuan International Airport: +886-3-3983386
Taipei Songshan Airport：+886-2-25464698
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.
Content Maintainers: General Affairs Section, Inspection Division
Customs Declaration Form for travelers