There are some goods you are not allowed to bring into Taiwan. These include:
- Heroin, morphine, opium, cocaine, coca leaves, poppy, poppy seeds, amphetamine, marijuana, marijuana seeds, marijuana derivatives containing over 10 ppm of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), derived products of the said materials, etc. are prohibited.
- Those for medical use, please refer to the "Medicines" section in "Items Subject to Other Regulations".
2. Firearms , Ammunition , and Knives
- Firearms refer to shotguns, airguns, speargun, harpoon guns, gas gun, etc.
- Ammunition refer to bullets, explosives, etc.
- Knives refer to sharpened samurai swords, brass knuckles, etc.
- Passengers importing the said goods shall have prior approval from the Principal Police Department.
3. Goods Infringing Upon the Rights of Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
- Each individual can carry one copy of each work for private use.
4. Fake or Altered Currencies/Securities, or Moulds for Printing Counterfeit Currency
5. Live Wildlife or Protected Wildlife Products ►
6. Goods prohibited by law from importation
Money Laundering Controlled Items
Each arriving passenger (resident/foreigner) carrying the following goods is obligated to declare to Customs:
|1||New Taiwan Dollars||NTD 100,000||
|2||Chinese Yuan (Renminbi)||CNY 20,000|
|3||Foreign Currencies (incl. HKD, MOP)||USD 10,000 (or its equivalent) in aggregate||There is no limit on the amount carried after the completion of declaration.|
|4||Negotiable Securities* in bearer form||USD 10,000 (or its equivalent) in aggregate|
|5||Gold||USD 20,000 in aggregate||
Diamonds, Precious stones and/or Platinum (not for personal use)
|TWD 500,000 (or its equivalent) in aggregate||
*The term "securities" is defined as traveler's checks, other types of checks, promissory notes, bills of exchange, or other forms of securities.
- Failure to declare or a false declaration may lead to confiscation of the items or a fine equivalent to the value of the items.
- The limits on each item is applied independently. For example, a passenger could carry NTD100,000 and CNY20,000 without a declaration.
- Item 5 & item 6 are dutiable items (incl. items for personal use), please refer to "Duty Free Exemptions and Payment of Taxes" for more information.
About a Family Group:
- The above mentioned limits applied on any individual entering Taiwan with a valid passport. For example, a mother and her baby could carry up to NTD 200,000 and USD 20,000 in total without submitting a customs declaration.
- Please make a joint declaration to Customs if the aggregate amount carried exceeding the overall limit.
- Only by the presence of the whole family during customs inspection will the customs approve the aggregate of allowances.
Documents required: (could be filled on site)
- Customs Declaration
- Report of inwardoutward Passengers or Crew members carrying money laundering controlled Items
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.
Content Maintainers: General Affairs Section, Inspection Division