|Arrival Procedures||Competent Authority|
|Prevention to major communicable diseases, e.g., COVID-19.||Taiwan Centers for Disease Control (Taiwan CDC)|
|Examination of passports or travel documents||National Immigration Agency (NIA)|
|Quarantine inspection of animals, plants and their derived products||Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ)|
|Luggage inspection against smuggling or tax evasion||Customs|
The Dual-Channel System (Red and Green Channels) has been adopted for customs clearance. Arriving passengers (residents/foreigners) have options of seeking clearance through the Green Channel or through the Red Channel, subject to the nature of goods being carried.
1. The Red (Goods to Declare/Customs Service) Channel
Arriving passengers shall declare to Customs via the Red (Goods to Declare/Customs Service) Channel if carrying:
- Dutiable goods exceeding their duty-free exemption ;
- Prohibited Items & Money Laundering Controlled Items ;
- Items Subject to Other Regulations ; or
- Any other goods needed to be declared.
If in doubts regarding customs clearance on arrival, please proceed to the Red Channel for consultation.
2. The Green (Nothing to Declare) Channel
A passenger who has nothing to declare may pass through the Green (Nothing to Declare) Channel.
- Notice: A passenger passing through the Green Channel is deemed to have made a statutory declaration that he has no goods in violation, where any false or fraudulent statement detected on site shall be treated as smuggling.
3. The Luggage Inspection
- Customs may impose inspection at both the Red Channel and the Green Channel. Any undeclared goods, false or fraudulent statement detected on site shall result in the confiscation of goods, fines or prosecution of the passengers pursuant to the related laws.
- Do not carry luggage or baggage for anyone else. Passengers shall bear legal liabilities for any prohibited, restricted or dutiable goods inside the baggage.
4. The One-Stop Customs Clearance
One-Stop Clearance must be implemented if:
- The declared goods could not be released on site ; or
- The passenger who carries and imports cargo in behalf of a corporation or a manufacturing establishment.
The goods will be sealed and temporarily stored in the customs warehouse until the passenger personally or through an authorized representative processes the One-Stop Clearance or the return of such luggage.
Guide for Passengers
Our e-brochure(see annex download) provides a guide on customs formalities and clearance procedures for passengers.
Taoyuan International Airport (TPE):
Terminal 1: +886-3-398-2307
Terminal 2: +886-3-398-3386
Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA)：+886-2-2546-4698
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.
General Affairs Section, Inspection Division
Customs Declaration Form for travelers