1.Office Address and Telephone Number
TEL: +886-2-2704-1144 or +886-2-2705-5280 ext. 207; FAX: +886-2-2704-3274, +886-2-2704-1123
8:30 AM-12:30 PM, 1:00 PM-5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
9:00 AM-12:00 noon, Saturday
3.The Postal & General Affairs Subsection takes charge of the examination, appraisement and taxation of import parcels in the following areas:
(2) New Taipei City (Wanli, Jingshang, Shinjrh, Rueifang, Pingshi, Shuanshi and Kungliao areas are under the jurisdiction of the KLCB, please call +886-2-2431-6221)
(3) Taitung and Hualien areas
4. Duty Levy
(1) Parcels value under NTD2,000:
If CIF value of the parcel doesn’t exceed NTD2, 000, no taxes or duty will be imposed.
(2) Parcels value at NTD2, 000 to USD5, 000:
For parcels with CIF value at NTD2, 000 to USD5, 000, we usually depute the post office to collect the Customs duty with a “Duty Memo for Foreign Imports by Parcel Post” when delivering the parcels to the receivers.
(3) Parcels value over USD5, 000:
Addressees are supposed to process the clearance procedure and fill out import declaration forms at our office and pay the tax directly if FOB value of the parcels exceeds USD5, 000.
(4) When the import permits is necessary:
When the import permits issued by the authorities is required, we will inform the addressees coming to our office to examine the parcels with us together and pay the duty directly at the post office.
5. Notes for Senders and Recipients
(1) The Customs may confiscate correspondences or parcels containing controlled items without description, quality, quantity, weight or value of such items showed on the wrapping.
(2) The addressee, if dissatisfied with the tariff classification or customs value appraised by the Customs, may, within thirty days following the date of receiving the duty memo issued by the Customs, file a prescribed written protest, requesting a review of the case.