As one of four customs under the jurisdiction of Customs Administration, Ministry of Finance, Taipei Customs is based at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, together with Hsinchu Science-based Industrial Park Station and Taipei Postal Office Station to process customs affairs independently. The duties of the TPC are:
- Import/export cargo clearance at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and Taipei International Airport;
- Inbound/outbound passenger clearance;
- Affairs for bonding factories in northern Taiwan;
- Bonding affairs in the Hsinchu Science Park; and
- International postal parcel import/export clearance in the areas of Taitung, Hualien, and north of Miaoli.